Sunday, September 4, 2011

Teaching CItiBank the meaning of CEASE AND DESIST

A few months ago, I decided that CitiBank wouldn't push me around or intimidate me as a student lender/loan servicer any longer. I requested verification of any loans that I may have with their company as well as any supporting documentation such as applications. What I received can't really be called responsive, but CitiBank must have felt that they fulfilled their obligation because they started to call me more and more often.

At this point, I read them the Riot Act - I told them that they were to cease all contact with David Greene the citizen and should instead direct contact to Attorney David J. Greene at his office. The representatives that I would speak with would tell me that an oral cease and desist is no good. Below, find my correspondence thread that changed the mind of CitiBank.If you click the images, you will be presented with a higher resolution and larger image.

First, we have CitiBank's letter which followed a cease and desist that I made over the phone one day. Notice how much the Customer Service Department seems to know about Federal law and about the law of several states.


After I got the above letter, I spoke to CitiBank representatives on the phone many times, and the below letter was sent to me. This letter states that my request was limited to phone contact, when it was not. 

A week later, I got the below letter, stating that all correspondence will cease - this is certainly not what I requested. Why would I tell someone like that to never contact me again?


This one is the closest to the bulls eye. It was sent to my law office in response to a letter that I wrote to CitiBank. You will see my letter immediately follows the CitiBank letter.






I have found that there are many people are being harassed by student lenders and servicers. If you are one of those people, you should call Attorney David J. Greene at Greene and Greene at 603-742-5457.









No comments:

Post a Comment